.

Sunday, July 2, 2017





I found this awesome July Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery & Healing over at Like Kristen! It's July 2nd so I am going to include Day 1 in this post as well. I am at a place in my life where healing is vital for me to grow as a person and each day in nursing school I discover a little more about myself that maybe I didn't know before. So let's go!

Day 1: Choose a goal that you will try to accomplish this month. Write it down here! What are some steps you are going to take to achieve this goal?

I have so many goals I want to accomplish but this month I am going to make blogging everyday my goal. I will pre-schedule posts for a week at a time and have my blog content calendar full of ideas by the end of the day (day 2 - mainly because I've already started it).

Day 2: What makes you a unique person? Write about some things you like about yourself. Keep this list near you the next time you start thinking low of yourself.

There are many things that make me unique. It took me a long time to like who I was because the things that made me unique seemed to hinder me. One major example is that I am very different from many people in my family; simply look at my immediate family and you will see one reason why. My entire life I never quite fit in one place or another and as strange as it still seems to me, many people felt the exact same way. Most of the time I cheer for the underdog. I have a heart for hurting people and work my butt off to help others. I am a little bit country and a little bit ghetto...bet you thought I was going to say rock n roll. Far from a daddy's girl, I am closer to my mama but most like my Nanny in many ways. I was a mom at a young age which means I have longer to enjoy my sweet grandbabies. Overthinking comes naturally, learning is something I seek even when I'm not in school, I am a big dreamer and am really going to carve my way out in this crazy world just wait and see. My friends are as diverse as a box of 164 crayons. My mind is as open as a Walmart Super Center. I like me.